Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friend with Eating Disorder. help!?

hello , my friend came up to me and told me she has bulimia. i am the only person that knows. i am not aloud to tell anybody. i really want to but then she wont trust me anymore. she is very thing and her skin is kind of yellowish. i'm scared for her shes my bestfriend and i cant see her waste away. she even throws up after she drinks water or pop. please help ?

Friend with Eating Disorder. help!?
it doesn't matter if she is your friend, you need to tell her parents or an adult that can help. find a hotline or something but if you don't do anything then you aren't a good friend at all.
Reply:Speaking on behalf of myself who has had 2 eating disorders (bulimia and anorexia)...let me tell you, SHE DOES WANT THE HELP. It is so frightening to be where she is right now, let me tell you that. When people started to ask if I had an eating disorder, I yelled and screamed at them and told them to screw off- you're really in denial. Atleast she has admitted to it, and that's a huge step. You should be very honored. However, you being her friend, you need to do something about it. Ask her if she would like to go to a counselor with you. She really needs therapy if shes starting to get rail thin and yellowish. The worse thing you could do right now is nage her about it, if you put it aside she will try to convince you she's healthier, which I know she won't be able to do on her own, because no one can. This is a partner job, and she needs your help.


No comments:

Post a Comment