Saturday, July 24, 2010

What are these white patches on my arm?

I have eczema, which is a genetic skin disorder that I got from my dad and have since I was born. I usually break out on my arms. But never like this. It usually just itchs, gets red, then peels. Normal reaction. I don't want to go to the dermatologist because I'm broke. Should I use elidel on it? Which is the cream that "treats" it. Does anyone else have eczema? If so, have you ever gotten these?

What are these white patches on my arm?
if it is a patch of skin that is a little dry and has less pigmentation that the rest of your skin it could be caused by a bacteria that grows on your skin. My boyfriend gets it and it has to be treated with a special soap and a special cream. It sort of looks like white spots, but he says it doesn't itch, not sure if that is what you have, but if so...you can't treat it over the counter and the soap and meds are pretty expensive. one tube of the cream costs him $40 and that is after insurance pays their portion.


No comments:

Post a Comment