Saturday, July 24, 2010

Can accutane help with dandruff?

well, first I heard accutane was taken off the market, is this true? Anyways I took accutane for my acne (took so many drugs before that I can't even remember till I finally took accutane) well, it did work but only for a little bit, but my acne never comes as inflared as it did b4. I would like to take accutane to finally get rid of my frustrating acne. And also, while I was on accutane my dandruff went away! When my acne came back so did the dandruff. What do you think the cause of this is? I find it odd because in the side effects of the drug is dandruff but it did the opposite. Do I have some skin disorder thats on my scalp as well? And I am starting to loose hair. Im 22 years old and female, and no family history of this.

Can accutane help with dandruff?
Accutane (or Roaccutane in the UK) can cause thinning of the hair and general hairloss. If you're experiencing this, it's time to talk to your doctor.


Roaccutane worked for me, although my acne has return, though it's a lot less severe. I can now manage it with a topical lotion.


I'm not sure why your dandruff improved whilst taking accutane. Did you use a different shampoo and conditioner throughout that time? You may just have found the right balance.


I don't think that Accutane has been removed from the market just yet, but due to the increased risk of suicide, I believe that doctors do have major concern about its use.


No comments:

Post a Comment