Monday, November 21, 2011

I have several large scars from picking, what kind of procedures can remove them?

I used to get sores on my skin and really pick at them badly. It left very unsightly scars. They look like large craters in my skin. A couple are on my buttocks, one is on my back and I have smaller "craters" on my face. It really hurts because I am otherwise attractive. I suffered from body dysmorphic disorder which made me pick becaue I thought I was removing blemishes that were very small or not even there. I have since then addressed this mental health issue. What kind of procedures are there? How expensive are they? How painful are they (and can they use anethesia or strong painkillers)? And is it easier to remove in certain areas than others? Please help with any info. you have. This is really ruining my self-esteem.

I have several large scars from picking, what kind of procedures can remove them?
ouc an try micro derm. They are expensive but worked for me. Or you can try dermabrasion. They are a sure shot for removing the scars but they need you to be out of the society for 1 week or so cause they literally remove the upper layer of your skin. You could try laser surgery or even chemical peels. But again it all depends on your skin tone. So talk to a dermatologist for this. Also do lots of research for it before you go ahead with it. I was not suggested any of those cause I have dark skin and there is a chance of hyper pigmentation with any of those methods. Good luck.
Reply:Try Mederma. It's been heplful to many folks with scarring issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment