Monday, November 21, 2011

Could this be a tick bite?

A few days ago I saw what seemed to be a black freckle on my lower leg that had some redness and peeling skin around it. The skin was peeling in a way that can't quite be grabbed, but surrounded it like a bulls eye. The redness is basically a blot.





After speaking to my parents about it they told me that it is too small to be a tick because they bloat as they take in blood. Since I have OCD and Anxiety Disorder it's been hard to just let it go. I have had a slight head ache and felt a little feverish tonight but I think it could just be a placebo effect.





They both think it's a simple spider bite or something along those lines.





What do you think?

Could this be a tick bite?
Sounds like a spider bite! The Bullseye is a symptom. More specifically a Brown Recluse Spider (or Desert Recluse).





It's actually the most dangerous spider in North America an it's venom is over 10 times more powerful than a rattle snake.





I got bit by the Desert Recluse and it wasn't much fun. (check out my answer on being bitten by a spider.)





If you can you should see a doctor. I didn't, but if the area continues to grow it can get really dangerous.

shell flower

No comments:

Post a Comment